Should You Upgrade Your Building Management System in 2022?
As you look forward to the new year, now is the time to make considerations for your 2022 commercial HVAC plan. Could your HVAC system be more efficient? Could you be saving on monthly energy costs? Could you incorporate a new system design that flawlessly does everything your building needs…and more?!
To give you an idea of how your commercial HVAC system can be improved in the new year, we’re highlighting Building Management Systems, including one of our favorite projects of 2020.
What is a Building Management System?
A Building Management System (BMS), is a computer-based control system installed in commercial buildings. With a BMS in place, there is a centralized location in the building where all critical mechanical and electrical components are managed, including ventilation, lighting, power systems, fire systems, and security systems.
Benefits of Building Management Systems
With an effective BMS in place, you not only benefit from a centralized control center but also:
- Convenient monitoring and management of energy and indoor comfort levels
- Minimized landlord and tenant costs
- Extending equipment and systems’ life by reducing loads and operating hours
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Fewer equipment replacements and upgrades
See How We Transformed this Long Island Commercial HVAC System: Broadhollow Road Renovation
This year, the expertise of Air Stream AC’s Controls Department was enlisted for a full commercial HVAC renovation and refurbishment, as well as a Building Management System upgrade on all equipment at 534 Broadhollow Rd. in Melville, New York.
This project included full integrations of the main air handler, boiler and chiller plants, actuators, dampers for duct branches, and boiler and chiller water controls.
With this centralized system in place, our client reaps the benefits of smart building controls every day, with fully integrated and automated building management.
Smart building controls also offer:
- Simplified operations that make controlling building features as easy as clicking a mouse
- Increased energy efficiency and a reduced carbon footprint
- Customized dashboards that provide easy viewing of all building data, usage, reporting, and permissions…all from one screen!
- Satisfied, comfortable employees and tenants who’ll love their environment
Start 2022 with a Building Management System Upgrade
As a certified Honeywell Building Specialist, Air Stream AC has the knowledge and field expertise to help you create a centralized system to monitor and manage the mechanical and electrical elements of your building. Simplify the way you manage your building, reduce energy costs, and create a space your tenants will love.
For more information, call (516) 747-4700.